You Are Reading

The Champagne cocktail


Champagne cocktail, originally uploaded by black_kat1.



Champagne, my tipple of choice...
Unfortunately I am not sure of the source of the above but it landed in my inbox and I thought it was worth sharing. The beautiful Kiki Prin seems to have lived and interesting life...she apparantly had a wonderfully positive attitude famously saying "all I need is an onion, a bit of bread, and a bottle of red [wine]; and I will always find somebody to offer me that."

My favourite cocktails include the (trusty) Cosmopolitan and White Russians. We served both at our wedding last year (the White Russians alongside dessert). We also spent some time in Franschoek after we were married - A great place to go for a champagne tasting if you are in that vicinity is Haute Cabriere. They do a fantastic cellar tour including a demonstration of the dramatic art of 'sabrage'. The restaurant is great as well, including a beautifully matched wine to food menu.



Comments for this entry

von_brandis

Great memories at Haute Cabriere. U can highly recommend both tour and restaurant.

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.