You Are Reading

Waxed flowers



I happened to see Martha make some waxed flowers and beautifully style them under a bell jar recently. So I tried it at home. I've made scented candles before so I have all the wax paraphernalia.

I was hoping for an ethereal type effect, something over styled or reminiscent of a prop from a Tim Burton movie but alas, my skills/choice of flower/patience weren't quite up to the task. It wasn't a total waste of time though...

Things I have learnt from this craft:
1. I will never be a flower arranger.
2. I'd rather have my flowers die quicker than cover up the scent of blooms.
3. The end result always looks better in my mind.
4. It's fun to make a mess. Of course I knew this already, but it was nice to be reminded.
5. If you fail at a particular project, just shoot a few close up pics and hey, you can still blog about it : )

Comments for this entry

Kelly Fletcher

You have too much time on your hands, my friend... but glad you had fun making a mess. Photos look good.

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.